Las Vegas to Hollywood Tour – An Unforgettable Day Trip
Includes Lunch at Santa Monica Beach and Pier
Most Popular: The best way to see Hollywood from Las Vegas.
$289 – Season Special Only $239
Hollywood is one of the most glamorous places on earth and this day trip from Vegas to Hollywood is the perfect way to see it all.
This amazing sightseeing tour of Los Angeles and Hollywood lets you explore the exciting “City of Angels” in depth.
See the sights of Los Angeles in luxury and comfort. You won’t have to worry about traffic or trying to find your way around a city that is new to you.
Your Hollywood tour from Las Vegas leaves early and heads west, into the Mojave Desert.
About an hour out of Las Vegas we cross the state line from Nevada into sunny Southern California,
This tour to Hollywood from Las Vegas is a remarkable scenic drive. You’ll travel through beautiful high deserts and dry lakes, mountain ranges, and you’ll see Mohave Yucca and Joshua Tree forests on our way to Los Angeles.
This is a narrated tour, and your guide will tell you about the landmarks and history of the areas as we go.
Yes, there will be quiet time as well, as you drive through the high desert and mountain passes.
One of our ‘comfort stops’ will be at Baker, California:
- World’s Tallest Thermometer
- Southern Gateway to Death Valley
- When it is 128F in Death Valley, it may be 126F in Baker.
We’ll have another comfort stop at Barstow, California, an hour or so past Baker.
Barstow is a major transportation center and train depot/switching station; Barstow is known for blistering heat, cold winters, and beautiful sunsets.
Route 66 runs through Barstow – US Highway 66 was built nearly parallel to the railroad lines from Chicago to California.
You’ll see Route 66 again at Santa Monica Beach and Pier.
Once you get through the mountains to the bottom of El Cajon Pass you will be in the L.A. Basin, getting close to our destination.
Your guide will point out more areas of interest, from the streets of downtown Los Angeles to the beaches of Santa Monica.
In fact, our next stop will be Santa Monica Beach and Pier
The beaches of Santa Monica are what many people imagine when they think of Southern California.
This is where the world-famous Baywatch television series was filmed.
Enjoy lunch in Southern California style at Santa Monica Pier.
You’ll arrive at the beach near lunchtime and have around 90 minutes to enjoy the sun-drenched beach, as well as the beachside grills and quaint shops of the surrounding area.
Lunch is from Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop near the Santa Monica Pier.
This tour allows you some time to actually walk on the beach and enjoy your lunch where Baywatch was filmed.
Just imagine… see the deep blue of the Pacific Ocean, smell the salt air, and feel the warm California sun… these moments in California may become some of your most cherished memories about your visit to Las Vegas.
After lunch, you’ll head over to some other famous Hollywood landmarks, and you’ll hear stories and have great views of Hollywood and Beverly Hills and more.
California – Sun, Sand, Movie Stars!
The next leg of the tour takes you on a guided tour that lasts around 50 minutes (approximate time) through the fabulous neighborhoods of Bel-Air and Beverly Hills.
you then can enjoy a short walk down the famous Rodeo Drive, known for its elite shopping and high fashion boutiques.
You will see the homes of some of the biggest names in Hollywood. There are so many to choose from that the itinerary can change from day to day depending on the choice of the guide/driver (each has his or her favorite route).
You’ll also travel down the famed Sunset Strip, the mile-long stretch of Sunset Boulevard that runs through West Hollywood. The Strip is home to legendary rock clubs, fine dining establishments, top-of-the-line boutiques, and some of the city’s most notorious nightclubs.
After its renovation in 2010, the Sunset Strip is shining in all its glory.
At Grauman’s Chinese Theatre you can walk among the footprints and handprints of the Hollywood movie stars.
Plus, you will walk down world-renowned Walk of Fame, which is studded with over 2,000, five-pointed stars that bear the names of characters both fictional and real. As you explore the walk you’ll see that it honors television/movie stars and also directors, songwriters, singers, radio personalities as well.
After an exciting day of exploring Hollywood, you can relax and enjoy the ride back to Las Vegas where you will be dropped off at your hotel at about 8:30 p.m.
Overview Of Hollywood Tour from Las Vegas:
- Start your day with convenient pickup at your Vegas hotel
- Ride in a comfortable air-conditioned SUV or mini-coach and enjoy your scenic drive to the West Coast.
- Watch high-desert landscapes and rugged mountain ranges pass by as you cruise along the southern tip of Death Valley and into Los Angeles.
- Enjoy lunch in Southern California style at Santa Monica Beach and Pier. This is the famous beach where Baywatch was filmed.
- Cruise along the famous “Row-Day-Oh Drive” and equally famous Sunset Strip before driving through Beverly Hills.
- Get off the bus/SUV and stroll along Hollywood Boulevard’s Walk of Fame with the stars at your feet.
- See the ornate Chinese Theater, the handprints of celebrities in concrete, and the famous Roosevelt Hotel (known for celebrity sightings).
- You can even catch a view of the iconic Hollywood Sign.
- Remember to photograph your favorite star, or pick up a souvenir at one of the many gift shops in the area before hopping on the coach and heading back to Vegas.
Know Before You Book
- Car seats are available for no additional charge; please arrange by calling the tour operator after booking.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
- Tour stops vary and may be affected by traffic.
- Hotel pickup is available from most Las Vegas Strip and downtown hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
Your Las Vegas To Hollywood Tour from Las Vegas Includes:
- Free pick up and drop off at your hotel.
- Courteous, professional driver/guide.
- Lunch on Santa Monica Beach or Pier.
- Time for shopping, browsing and taking photos at each stop.
- Leave Hollywood for return to Las Vegas at 5:00 pm.
- Arrive in Las Vegas between 9:30 and 10:00 pm.
Tour Times and Days
- Operates Daily (except Friday)
- Pick up and drop off at your Las Vegas hotel is included with tour price.
- Pick up at Hotel at approximately 6:00 am
- Return time: Approximately 8:30 pm
- This Tour is about 14 hours long
Points of Interest
- Travel through Baker at the south end of Death Valley, the hottest parts of the Mohave Desert, through Yucca and Joshua Tree Forests
- Views of Ivanpah Solar Power at Stateline
- Lunch at Santa Monica Pier and Beach
- Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica Drive, Sunset Strip, and we pass by Beverly Hills (photo op at the Beverly Hills sign)
- Stroll down the Walk of Fame; Chinese Theater, Kodak Theater, and Roosevelt Hotel
Travel and Amenities
- $239 per person
- Includes Continental Breakfast, Lunch, snacks, unlimited bottled water
- Gratuity Not Included.
What to wear
- Hiking or athletic walking shoes
- Temperatures are cooler from October – February so long pants and a warm jacket is appropriate.
- March – September temperatures are warm – shorts, a hat, and a light shirt are comfortable.
Vehicles Used (Company’s choice)
- 7-passenger Luxury 4×4 SUV’s
- Custom12-passenger VIP mini-coaches
- Custom 14-passenger VIP touring class mini-coaches
Your Tour To Hollywood and Santa Monica Is Ready For You!
To make reservations, simply email or call us now: (702)-420-8161
If you are outside of the U.S. or cannot call, don’t worry.
Simply send us an email and we are happy to answer any questions, and we can help book your tour as well.
Emails that are sent to us during our closed hours will be answered when we re-open.
Latest posts by Martin McUber: Author, Tour Guide
- Why Did They Build Skywalk Grand Canyon West? - December 7, 2019
- 9 Smartphone Photo Tips: Las Vegas Day Trip (From A Las Vegas Tour Guide) - November 21, 2019
- How Did Hollywood Get Its Name? (‘Tis An Irish Tale) - November 9, 2019